Manila Workshops: OK Ka, Yaya Ko! (Workshop Details)
Posted by: Teacher ia | on January 7, 2013
The organizer of the workshop Ms. Ginger Palma Arboleda is also the administrator of the website Manila Workshops. This year 2013, they will start of the year with an educational seminar for caregivers. In one of Special Education Philippines’ posts we mentioned the importance of support of the guardians and adults living with the child with special need. Here in the Philippines, that is usually the yaya or caregiver especially if the primary guardians are working parents.
Manila Workshop is organizing a one-day training for yayas and caregivers of children called “OK Ka, Yaya Ko! Below are details about the workshop:
Who will benefit the most from this caregiver workshop?
The target audience for this caregiver workshop should comprise of yayas and house helpers enrolled by household decision makers with the goal of educating, training, and informing them of the necessary tools in maximizing their efficiency and performance in their lines of work. Majority are women, with a vast age range of 20 and above. It is expected that it will be an audience mix of Yayas with and without children of their own (but is taking care of their employers’ children).
When and where is this yaya workshop going to be held?
This workshop will be held at the Valle Verde 5 Cabana on February 2, 2013. It will be a whole day workshop, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
What will my yaya/caregiver learn from this caregiver workshop?
The training will include the following topics and interactive activities on First Aid, Child Care, Self-Development and Etiquette namely:
1. Mahalin ang Sarili: teaching them about self worth and manners and etiquette, from Personal Hygiene (head to toe), – Handwashing to Personality Development (honesty, loyalty), answering the phone, how to treat guests, Home Safety, etc.
2. Responsibilities/Housework: teaching them on how to clean different parts of the house, how to dispose of garbage, laundry, ironing, etc. and also how to prepare food, teach them about food safety and allergic reactions and even healthier Alternatives
3. Caring For The Elderly: teaching them on how to check vital signs, proper body mechanics, sleeping and exercise
4. “KID”-centered: teaching them developmental stages, baby care (cleaning, bathing, feeding) and school (homework, bantay sa school, iwas chismis, baon), Social Opportunities, Hygiene, First Aid, etc.
5. Iwas Stress sa Yaya: teaching them on ho to cope with stress
Who is going to the speaker for this training workshop?
The speaker is Cristina M. Mendoza a registered nurse and a pre-school teacher. She is also the managing director of Venturelab Philippines. Venturelab offers venue services, business start-up seminars, corporate trainings, and extracurricular/hobby workshops.
How much will this caregiver workshop cost me?
Regular Rate of Php 1500 per participant. Lunch included.
Where can I send my payment for this yaya training workshop?
Payment may be via deposit to a UnionBank or BPI Account or via Paypal (Please add Php 50 for Paypal charges). For specific payment details you may contact Manila Workshops.
via Email: ManilaWorkshops@gmail.com
via Mobile: +63917-8555990
via Phone: +632-8698324
Is there a special promo rate for this caregiver workshop?
Early Bird Rate (Pay on or before January 15, 2013): Php 1100 per participant Group Rate (a group of 2-3 participants): Php 1100 per participant *